Hard work is the key of success. To achieve target one must always be ready to work for it. Nowadays, competition after school getting tougher and thus it becomes necessary for the school students to be prepared emotionally and mentally to tackle the challenges coming their way. Olympiad exams are a great help in this preparation. Olympiad exams help the children to gain confidence for competing with the best around them in the country and internationally and contribute to personality development. Also, recognition of merit at an early age is bound to infuse a certain sense of achievement that encourages them to do even better as they advance in age.
Olympiad exams are school level competitive exams which provide a platform to students to judge their skills on bigger forums and are tougher as compared to regular school exams. Olympiads help students in improving their understanding of concepts and help in achieving overall academic excellence. Olympiads also help students to develop reasoning and logical thinking at an early stage. Some of the tips for How prepare for Olympiad exams are as follows:
- The first step in Olympiad exam preparation is to understand the syllabus, pattern and level of difficulty of questions asked in these exams. For this, go through the syllabus and Previous year paper for Olympiad exam.
- It is necessary to fix a study plan for Olympiad preparation to maintain discipline and time management. Daily and subject wise scheduling is very important for consistency in preparation. Keep the student away from any source which destructs concentration e.g. social media, mobile phone, Whats app etc.
- According to the syllabus, check either school prescribed books cover the entire syllabus or any other book is required. Student can start from NCERT books or school books as they lay the foundation of advance knowledge and then, students can refer other books to understand level of Olympiad questions.
- Student should prepare notes with the important key points and formulae as these notes can be used for revision and also help to reduce the revision time. Also, mark the points of high importance in book and those questions in which student face difficulty. During the time of revision, you have to focus specially on these points and questions.
- Before going to sleep every night, evaluate the activities done during the whole day. Mark the point of unproductive time and decide to reduce them next day. For this, schedule the activities and topic of studies for next day which will help you to reduce unproductive time and improve your performance. In the morning, try to revise topic of last day to improve retention capability.
- Student should do evaluation on regular basis after studying any topic by attempting as many questions as possible in a time frame. This will help in knowing weak areas of preparation. Then go through other books or study material for clarification of the same.
- Make a revision plan parallel to regular studies. Revise each topic at a suitable interval of time using short notes or flash cards otherwise there is a chance of forgetting it.
- Avoiding silly mistakes in mathematics. Tricky questions require quick and accurate calculation.
- Do sufficient practice of logical reasoning questions also.
- When full syllabus is completed, then go through the mock tests of Olympiad exams for which you can join any online test series which give you similar question and environment as Olympiad exams. Koncepts Solutions provide online test series containing topic wise mock test, logical reasoning mock test and full syllabus mock test.
Source: Click here